Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Easter! --Crepes and Cheesecake Brownies

Oh wonders, it's Easter and the sun is shining! It's enough to make a poor college student happy as she struggles through practice tests and problem sets (5 midterms in two weeks!) at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. I'm just 5lb off from my true weight--and have been for the past five days (3 PP and 2 PV), so I'm not sure what's up with that. But anyway, those aren't things to think about on an early Easter morning. It's a holiday so I'm here to blog about losing weight on Easter foods.

First thing up is Easter crepes: I used to get these all the time at funfair stands in Europe--my favorite was the honey and sugar filled version, but everyone else seemed to love nutella. I only like nutella with cheese, which is very strange and kind of gross, so I never really ordered it--but that's the way my taste buds go. These crepes are absolutely amazing, and are actually are adapted from an amazing Norwegian blog that I simply can't find anymore!

Crepe batter:


2 eggs
1 tablespoon cornstarch
half cup of milk
maple extract, butter extract
pinch of salt

Fill with cheese, ham, dukan chocolate, cinnamon, etc

These should make 4 crepes: you just pour batter onto a frying pan on medium heat, wait until dry, flip over and add your ingredients of choice:



 ('Chocolate' and cheese, ewww I know)

Then wait til cooked and fold up; either eat plain or top with sugar substitute, cinnamon, or cream cheese (for me!)
Very yummy and absolutely guilt-free


For a get-together yesterday I brought Dukan-friendly green tea cheesecake brownie (I know, it doesn't sound very Dukan OR diet-friendly), and everyone enjoyed it. They said it tasted healthy, but like it had chocolate, butter--the works! Anyway, here it is:




And here is how I made it:

1. Preheat over 285F, put a deep baking pan with boiling water at the bottom of the oven (creates steam)

Brownie base (from Misty Yoon's blog)


2/3 cup oat bran (160 cal)
1/3 cup cocoa powder(about 90 cal)
1 teaspoon baking powder(0 cal)
2 egg whites,lightly beaten(34 cal)
2 whole eggs, lightly beaten (160 cal)
1 fat free  yogurt /red velvet cake or any(100 cal)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract(0 cal)
6 packages of  Splenda (0 cal)

1. Mix the dry stuff in a bowl (oat bran, cocoa, baking powder)
2. Mix the wet stuff in another bowl--be careful with the yogurt
3. Leave it and make cheesecake filling
4. (Later) Make a well in the dry, pour in wet; mix until just combined 


Green Tea Cheesecake

s
Side view! I might add a bit of green coloring next time
13 oz cream cheese
15 oz ricotta (1 tub)
1 cup sugar substitute
3 eggs
1 tbsp matcha powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
*Make sure everything is at room temperature!
1. Cream the cream cheese with the sugar until, well, creamy
2. Mix in ricotta gently, stir slow so as few air bubbles are created
3. Add eggs one at a time, stir until just incorporated before adding the next
4. Mix in vanille and matcha

Add together:
1. Finish brownie batter
2. On a greased cake pan (9 inch and remember to grease! I forgot as per usual sigh...)
3. Pour 3/4 brownie batter into cake pan
4. Pour all of cheesecake
5. Pour the rest of the brownie batter randomly and swirl slightly
6. Bake on a lower oven rack about 55-60 min, until the sides are firm but the center is wobbly
7. If you don't like cracks (to be honest I don't really mind), use a sharp knife to cut the edges of the cake away from the sides of the pan straight away.

1/8 slice: 180 calories
Finally, a cool picture from my camera
 Well, that's my entry for today. Happy Easter!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, all seems yummy, I could not understand "1 fat free yogurt /red velvet cake or any", what do you mean with 1 fat free yogurt, could you pls give the amount?

    ReplyDelete